Zucchini-Wrapped Tilapia Contest Honorable Mention
– by Edward Leonard
- 4 6-oz. pieces of Regal Springs tilapia filets
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp. honey
- 24 slices zucchini sliced lengthwise, thin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 6 artichokes, halved
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 whole, large potatoes
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 8 black olives, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To make marinade, mix sea salt and lime juice together, then add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and honey. Marinate tilapia filets for 20 minutes. Overlap six zucchini slices four times. Sprinkle with sage and wrap around tilapia filets. Brush with melted butter and place on a baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a small pan, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil then add shrimp, cook 2-3 minutes. Add artichokes and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat.
- Toss the salad with the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Boil potatoes until tender, peel then put through ricer or mash. Fold in cream and 2 Tbsp. butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To plate, place a serving of mashed potatoes in the middle, spoon the salad around the potatoes then place the baked tilapia on top, spoon some tomato sauce around the salad, top with some olives.
Yield: 4 servings.