Tilapia Sliders – Mini Sandwiches (8 servings)
|½ cup milk
1 cup flour
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 Regal Springs Tilapia* fillets
(cut into 16 equal pieces)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
|1 Package Parker House
or Hawaiian Rolls
4 leaves Romaine lettuce
½ tomato, sliced
4 slices cheddar cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons pickle relish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
- In another medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper, Parmesan, cornmeal and parsley.
- Dunk fillets in milk mixture and then dredge fillets though cornmeal mixture, coating both sides evenly.
- In a large sauté pan, immediately heat the oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot, but not smoking, add the fillets to the pan.
- Cook on one side until the batter is light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Using a slotted spatula, remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tartar-sauce ingredients.
- Slice the buns and place a fillet on each bottom bun, then top with the lettuce, tomato, cheese and tartar sauce.
- A fun activity is to let your kids use mini spreaders to apply their own condiments. This recipe also works well with honey mustard, ketchup or barbecue sauce for condiments.