Tasty Tilapia Tacos (12 servings)
|½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 (1.25 ounces) package
Taco seasoning mix
1 pound Regal Springs Tilapia*
cut into 1-inch pieces
|2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
12 tortillas, (corn, wheat or
colorful veggie) or
1 package of hard taco shells
Toppings: Shredded lettuce . Chopped tomato . Mexican cheese mix
Lime juice . Taco sauce . Guacamole
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and ½ of seasoning mix in small bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix in medium bowl and stir until blended. Then add 1-inch pieces of Regal Springs Tilapia and coat all pieces with mixture.
- Spray foil with non-stick spray and spread coated pieces onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Broil under high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture. Top with sour cream mixture, lettuce, tomato, Mexican cheese, lime juice, guacamole and taco sauce.
One alternative recipe would be to use soft tortillas. Layer the ingredients in a tortilla. Roll it up. Slice vertically into one-inch spiral sandwiches.
Fill mini tortilla chip cups with all ingredients for a crunchy bite-sized snack.