Crunchy Tilapia with Spinach Salad Contest Finalist
– by Nancy Smith
- 4 Regal Springs tilapia filets (4 oz. ea.)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup lightly crushed Cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chopped parsley
Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 12 large strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup red Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lite olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. toffee-coated almonds
- For Tilapia: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk honey, mustard, soy sauce and grated orange rind together. Using a pastry brush, slather both sides of tilapia filets. Place crushed cornflakes and white pepper in a pie plate. Press each fish filet in crumbs, coating well on both sides. In a well-oiled 8″x8″ glass baking dish, place tilapia filets. Bake for 18-20 minutes (just until fish flakes). Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- For Strawberry Spinach Salad: Whisk together dry mustard, sugar, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to form dressing. Drizzle atop spinach and strawberries. Top with almonds.
Yield: 4 servings.