Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia with Salsa
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 (6 to 8 ounces each) skinless Regal Springs tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Spicy Black Beans, (optional)
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal and paprika; season generously with salt and pepper. Separate fillets into thick and thin sides. Dredge each piece in cornmeal mixture, patting it on to coat completely.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook as many pieces as will fit (without crowding) until golden brown and firm, about 2 minutes per side for thin pieces and 4 minutes per side for thick ones. Transfer to a plate; sprinkle with salt, if desired, and cover loosely to keep warm. Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and fish. Serve with Spicy Black Beans, if desired, and salsa.