Beer-Battered Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 pound of Regal Sprins tilapia fillets (about 3), cut in half lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided Mango Salsa (recipe follows)
- Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cumin, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Whisk in beer to create a batter.
- Coat half the Regal Springs tilapia pieces in the batter. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Letting excess batter drip back into the bowl, add the fish to the pan; cook until crispy and golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Coat the remaining fish with batter and cook in the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; adjust heat as necessary for even browning. Serve immediately with Mango Salsa.