5 Reasons Why Your Family Should Eat Tilapia
We know eating fish is good for you. It’s brain food that’s high in protein with little fat involved and has the added bonus of containing valuable omega-3 fatty acids. But what makes Regal Springs Tilapia so special? Aside from being grown in pristine lakes, All-Natural and antibiotic-free, here are just some of the reasons—better yet, just try it for yourself!
1. It tastes good any way you slice it.
Tilapia works well with just about any cooking method. But what’s particularly good is how well it holds up to healthier methods, such as steaming, poaching or roasting. Not only that, Tilapia is a good blank canvas, providing a great starting place for your favorite flavors—from Tex Mex to Italian.
2.. The fish are raised the right way.
Regal Springs All-Natural Tilapia are grown in pristine deep water lakes in floating nets. They are fed a mostly vegetarian diet, which not only benefits the taste of the fish and the nutrients contained, but it’s also a step in the right direction as far as being more efficient with resources.Regal Springs Tilapia are fed a diet of US soybeans, corn and premium grains and raised without antibiotics additives, preservatives, growth hormones or chemicals—at any stage of the operation.
3. It’s a bodybuilder’s dream.
If you have started a new fitness routine that includes eating well, you’re in luck. Tilapia is packed with protein with 23 grams in a 3.9oz serving, to be exact. Not only that, but the same serving size is only between 110-180 calories and contains zero carbs. It’s the perfect post-workout protein meal, especially since Tilapia has potassium to help ease muscle cramping from working out.
4. But not just for bodybuilder’s—it’s good for your growing kids, too.
If you have picky eaters in your household, getting them to scarf down much needed nutrients can be a daily battle. This is where Tilapia comes in: The fish is packed full of all the healthy things kids need, especially protein. The protein is good for helping your kids grow and the mercury-free nature of the fish means it’s safe. To top it off, its mild flavor means they’ll be sure to like the taste!
5. No mercury, no problem.Our Tilapia contains no Mercury. Whether it be our Fresh Tilapia from Mexico and Honduras or the frozen Kirkland Tilapia Loins from Costco, it is all free of mercury. This is notable as other fish on the market can contain enough to warrant not eating them regularly. In fact, our Tilapia can safely be enjoyed more than twice a week, if you’re looking to eat more seafood. Because of the way that it’s raised, our Tilapia also makes a healthy and safe choice for pregnant women or children who are urged not to eat fish with high levels of mercury—this means you don’t have to cut all fish out of your pre- or post-baby diet.
6. It’s got your vitamin B12 covered.
Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin for cognitive functioning and helps red blood cells form properly. In a typical serving, Tilapia has 2.4 grams of Vitamin B12, and your body needs about 2.4 grams to function properly. You don’t have to be a mathematician to figure out that makes your work pretty easy.
7. It’s good for your bones.
Tilapia has a dynamic duo of calcium and phosphorus working on its side. Calcium helps your bones and teeth stay strong and healthy, and phosphorus helps both bones and nails from getting brittle.
So if you’re looking for a fish that’s healthy, can easily fit into your current recipe rotation and will please the whole family, try Tilapia.