So Easy It Is!Cooking Tilapia 101
Our family eats a lot of Tilapia, for the obvious reason that our family farms it, but also because it’s healthy, so mild, and everyone (even avowed fish-haters) loves it. [Ok, I do have staunchly vegan friends who have not tried it…] Most importantly, as busy people who have kids and yet love gourmet meals with large groups of friends around our table, we eat Tilapia because cooking Tilapia is quick and easy.
Here’s the easiest, more versatile way to deal with Tilapia in your kitchen:
- buy Regal Springs Tilapia, to get the cleanest taste and to support eco-conscious and socially responsible food sources
- take the fillets, loins or portions, and place them in a baking dish. Line the dish with parchment paper, or grease it lightly to avoid any of the fillet sticking to the pan later.
- bake at 375* F in the oven for 10-15 minutes, at which point the flesh will flake beautifully.
- garnish with fresh salsa (please don’t buy store bought salsa! just chop up herbs, garlic, onions, citrus, and fruits!), or a lovely lemon-butter sauce, or drizzle with a good balsamic vinegar.
- serve with rice, salad, roasted root vegetables, or whatever strikes your fancy.
If you still feel insecure about cooking fish, take our hint: use Tilapia as you would use chicken. THAT should open up a world of recipe ideas to you!