Clinics and Nurses Stations
Last week I enjoyed visiting our medical team in Honduras. We have a full time physician on staff, and a cadre of fantastic nurses who attend to our employees and their families. Care ranges from keeping track of a diabetic’s progress to assisting at a birth. What a wonderful and fulfilling part of our company’s culture.
Here are highlights of our health care offered to workers:
- Our well-stocked pharmacy provides free medication for employees.
- 2 ambulances stand ready to serve employees. (When I asked whether we often have “serious” incidents that require an ambulance, I was told, “No… not at all. Usually it’s for pregnant ladies.”)
- At the processing facility, a nurses station next to the cafeteria makes it easy for employees to get a quick check up or medical care between shifts.
- Health insurance for all!
- Health programs and education keep everyone aware of how to improve their over all health.
(I came back to our office in Florida, wishing we had it as easy to get our medical care as stopping in next door at work!)