Blackened Tilapia Tacos
Here is a quick and tasty spin on the popular Tilapia Fish Taco.
Preparation Time: 30 MINUTES
– 2 Regal Springs Tilapia Loins
– 1 tbs. butter
– 2 tsp. paprika
– ½ tsp. each of garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme
– ½ tsp. salt and black pepper
– Pinch of brown sugar.
– 2 tbs. cooking oil (canola, vegetable, or avocado oil work)
1. Rinse Regal Springs Tilapia loins with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, stir all of the spices together.
3. Melt butter in a small bowl and brush loins on both sides. (Use
oil as a substitute)
4. Generously cover loins with spice blend, coating both sides.
5. Heat up 2 tbs. oil in a pan until extremely hot.
6. Place loins in hot oil and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
7. Place on warm corn tortilla with desired additions.
Quick Pickled Red Onions:
1. Thinly slice one red onion
2. In a pot mix a cup of red onion
vinegar, ¼ cup of brown sugar and a
tsp. salt until fragrant.
3. Remove from heat and cover for 30 minutes.
4. Drain liquid and enjoy!
Jicama Orange Salsa:
1. Cut up 1 jicama and 1 orange into small cubes.
2. Mix with lime juice (½-1 lime depending on preference).
3. Add salt to reach desired flavor.